How AceTurtle grew Puma India’s online sales by 6X over one year
27 Mar 2018 How AceTurtle grew Puma India’s online sales by 6X over one year
PUMA is one of the world’s leading sports brands, designing, developing, selling and marketing footwear, apparel and accessories. For over 65 years, PUMA has established a history of making fast product designs for the fastest athletes on the planet.
PUMA offers performance and sport-inspired lifestyle products in categories such as Football, Cricket, Running, Training & Fitness, Golf, and Motorsports. It engages in exciting collaborations with renowned design brands such as Alexander McQueen and Mihara Yasuhiro to bring innovative and fast designs to the sports world.
Puma India had set up a multi-channel (both online and offline) business but they were facing multiple problems – especially with inventory. Some of these issues are listed below.
- Stores with a high number of walk-ins often stocked out of popular products despite the fact that there was enough inventory of those products in other stores across the country or in the warehouse.
- The inventory was distributed in silos across each store, each online marketplace they were selling on and their flagship eCommerce store.
- Online sales channels had different prices for the same product and this resulted in a significant amount of customer dissatisfaction.
- The product descriptions across marketplaces were not as the brand wanted them to be.
- The combination of online sales and lower sell through rates led to a sharp decline in the numbers for the brick and mortar stores.