Designer – Graphics(Apparels)
About Ace Turtle
Ace Turtle, new India’s leading tech-native retail company is spearheading the retail industry’s next phase of transformation. The company is vertically integrated from design, local manufacturing, and marketing to reach consumers directly.
Ace Turtle is powered by its proprietary technology which uses data science from design for fulfilment to meet ever-evolving consumer expectations. Bengaluru and Singapore-based Ace Turtle is the exclusive licensee of iconic global brands Lee®, Wrangler®, Toys“R”Us®, Babies“R”Us® and Dockers® for India and other South Asian markets.
The role is responsible for designing and developing the entire knits category for the Wrangler brand in India.
He / She is required to be creative, interpret fashion trends, focus on innovation and incorporate consumer needs in his / her designs which meet the required margin requirements. The role needs to partner closely with the product management, sourcing and development teams in order to deliver a strong, commercial line on time.
- Responsible for developing ‘market right, consumer relevant and commercially viable product packages’ on time.
- Responsible for working with the Sr. Design managers & Product Team to create & develop the collection for market requirements. The incumbent has to execute and monitor the design activities to ensure the development of right product line for the market at the right time and cost.
- Developing the range from concept to completion i.e. research, development & design of seasonal trends, themes, details, colors & styling.
- Trend Forecast and Interpretation in line with brand ethos and Strategy
- Adherence to design and development calendar
- Prepare technical sketches, dockets & spec detailing for Product Development.
- Responsible for managing the process of product development that translates the specific design requirements into product propositions accurately.
- Fit development and approval
- Develop collection inspired by innovation, trend forecast and global inputs
- Partner closely with the product management, sourcing and development teams in order to deliver a strong, commercial line on time.
- Adherence to product cost and pricing targets as defined in the Line plan
- To increase the full price sell – thru through better merchandise & better cost.
- Participate actively in sales meetings connecting with Key partners and customers
- Sourcing Trips to meet vendors and market visits for consumer insights
- 3 – 6 years or above relevant working experience in design and development ; experience in multinational companies / previous exposure to jeanswear business an added advantage
- Min 4 years of knits graphic design experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree, in Fashion Design
- Fashion flair with good knowledge of fabric, laundry, garment construction
- Good presentation and strong communication skills both in written and spoken English
- Excellent creativity and strong sense of style and understanding of fashion
- Strong skills in use of creative software Adobe Illustrator, Corel etc. knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience in Digital design, using software’s like Clo 3D is preferable.