Category Manager – Womenswear
About Ace Turtle
Ace Turtle, new India’s leading tech-native retail company is spearheading the retail industry’s next phase of
transformation. The company is vertically integrated from design, local manufacturing, and marketing to reach
Ace Turtle is powered by its proprietary technology which uses data science from design for fulfilment to meet
ever-evolving consumer expectations. Bengaluru and Singapore-based Ace Turtle is the exclusive licensee of iconic
global brands Lee®, Wrangler®, Toys“R”Us®, Babies“R”Us® and Dockers® for India and other South Asian markets.
The role is responsible for the overall product management for the Womenswear (Denim / Non denim) categories
of the Lee / Wrangler Brand in India.
He / She is required to formulate the category Line Plan, adhere to cost and margin forecast, monitor
manufacturing, define retail pricing and interpret sell through data. The role needs to partner closely with the
design, buying and sourcing leadership for overall success of the brand.
- Prepare seasonal line plan in line with cost, pricing and margin targets
- Develop, monitor & implement Core product line.
- Serves as liaison between Design, Sales, Marketing, Sourcing and Training to ensure successful execution of category action plans
- Resolve sample & product related manufacturing issues with quality & manufacturing team.
- Category Gap analysis / Competition mapping.
- Sell Through Analysis & feedback to design
- Demonstrate ability to build strategic partnerships across the organization and with vendors
- Monitor the entire product development calendar
- Sales Meetings – Ensure salesman sample availability, range presentation to key buyers, catalogue,
order form etc.
- ERP – Ensure timely creation of master data on ERP system
- Pricing – Setting the optimum price points based on market / competition analysis, consumer
insights and margin targets.
- Min 8 -10 years or above relevant working experiences in merchandising / category management ;
experience in multinational companies or previous exposure to Jeanswear business an added
- Min 4 years of Womenswear category management experience, preferably casual
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree, preferably in Fashion Management
- Fashion flair with good knowledge of fabric, laundry, garment construction
- Good presentation and strong communication skills both in written and spoken English
- Excellent creativity and strong sense of style and understanding of fashion
- Strong skills in Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of ERP and creative software Adobe Illustrator, Corel