How to ensure and efficient order management system?
10 Oct 2018 How to ensure and efficient order management system?
As your business expands, the order management process tends to become more cumbersome. There are multiple processes that piles up in terms of challenging your efficiency in maintaining a seamless order management system. Keeping track of customer orders, fulfill those orders, and receive payment, and with a lot of open orders at any given time, it’s easy for things to go wrong.
Most retail businesses foraying into online channels have started depending on an order management system to streamline their eCommerce operation. Generally, retailers use basic order management features integrated with their eCommerce platform which might not be able to take up to the challenge of sudden spike and order complexity especially during eCommerce sales season. Hence, retailers need to understand the importance of advanced order management system that can support the growing complexities of the eCommerce retail environment.
- It’s time you revamp your order processing and delivery strategy
- Automate your most obvious tasks such as sending notification to your customers, printing labels and invoices, etc. all these can be managed by your order management system saving your employees time.
- An advanced order management process include tools that speed up your pick and pack process.The tools help in locating the exact position of the item across various stock points and update inventory real-time in your order management platform.
- If your order management system is integrated with the logistic companies,it can automatically allocate the order to the most optimum fulfillment & last mile partner to deliver the product to your customer
- Ensure that you build an organized and managed inventory
- Mismanaging an inventory can depreciate your customer experience. An out of stock item being displayed as available might ruin your shopper’s experience leading to wrong order placements and ultimately refunds. Proper integration with the point-of-sale system, warehouse management system, sales channels, etc. can help you manage your inventory better and foster a superior sales strategy.
- An efficient order management system also ensures that the integration with order fulfillment is seamless making it easy for retailers to provide options such as pay online and pick from stores, express delivery and same day delivery. This is only possible through a single view of inventory across all sales channels and enabling the best fulfillment solution for customers.
- Use a system that helps you manage multiple marketplaces effectively and efficiently
- A centralized order management offers greater efficiency in managing orders across the enterprise. With an efficient order management system, retailers can ensure a faster and more efficient responsiveness to customer demands and marketplace changes.
It can be very difficult to get a handle on all the processes and players involved with order management, which is why it is important to use an integrated approach to process improvements. Integrating your back-end software with your sales order management systems will provide visibility into the entire order life cycle, from initial customer contact through to final delivery and payment.
Looking for an efficient order management system to manage inventory across multiple channels? Learn more.